Amd Kaveri + AMDGPU kernel driver - any success?

Amd Kaveri + AMDGPU kernel driver - any success?

Clemens Eisserer
Hi,

I would like to switch my AMD kaveri (7650k) based system from radeon
to the amdgpu kernel driver.
From what I've read, Kaveri is Southern Island and should be supported
by AMDGPU.

To force amdgpu i simply added "radeon.si_support=0
amdgpu.si_support=1" to the kernel command line,
which had the effect that my system is now hanging at the "Starting
Switch Root..." stage.

Did I miss something or isn't the amdgpu kernel module maybe not
included in fedora's initrd?

Thank you in advance, Clemens

Re: Amd Kaveri + AMDGPU kernel driver - any success?

Samuel Sieb
On 03/11/2018 02:11 PM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Did I miss something or isn't the amdgpu kernel module maybe not
> included in fedora's initrd?

The regular initrd doesn't contain all the modules.  It only includes
the ones that are necessary to boot.  You could try the rescue one as
that contains all the modules.  Otherwise, you will have to recreate the
initrd with the option to add the modules you need.