Bootloader - Was: Re: How to clean up full /boot safely?

Bootloader - Was: Re: How to clean up full /boot safely?

Ralf Mardorf-5
When I migrated from GRUB to syslinux I was euphoric, if you google long
enough, you might find claims from me similar to, "I got rid of the
GRUB crap, syslinux is the Holy Grail". Nowadays, I'm more careful
regarding such claims. Sometimes I'm thinking about migrating back to
GRUB. I've got good reasons to still stay with syslinux, but IMHO GRUB
is a good default bootloader, for user-friendly major distros. The way
too small /boot partition of Ubuntu default installs has less to do with
the bootloader. IMO sperating partitions from the root directory is for
hysterical raisins.