[CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Kevin Thorpe
Hi all,
       I'm just trying to get Dell openmanage to run on my Centos 5.6
box. The monitoring
stuff appears to have installed but the web server stuff is
complaining it needs openwsman
2.2.3 or later and I can only find that for RHEL/Centos 6, not 5.

Can anyone point me at a suitable rpm, or do I have to resort to
compiling it? Surely I'm not
the only one trying to do this.

--
Kevin Thorpe
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Eero Volotinen
2011/6/14 Kevin Thorpe <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>       I'm just trying to get Dell openmanage to run on my Centos 5.6
> box. The monitoring
> stuff appears to have installed but the web server stuff is
> complaining it needs openwsman
> 2.2.3 or later and I can only find that for RHEL/Centos 6, not 5.
>
> Can anyone point me at a suitable rpm, or do I have to resort to
> compiling it? Surely I'm not
> the only one trying to do this.


just follow instructions at
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_6.5/ and install srvadmin-all

--
Eero
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Kevin Thorpe
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Eero Volotinen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/6/14 Kevin Thorpe <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all,
>>       I'm just trying to get Dell openmanage to run on my Centos 5.6
>> box. The monitoring
>> stuff appears to have installed but the web server stuff is
>> complaining it needs openwsman
>> 2.2.3 or later and I can only find that for RHEL/Centos 6, not 5.
>>
>> Can anyone point me at a suitable rpm, or do I have to resort to
>> compiling it? Surely I'm not
>> the only one trying to do this.
>
>
> just follow instructions at
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_6.5/ and install srvadmin-all

That's exactly what I was trying to do.
Error: Missing Dependency: openwsman-server >= 2.2.3 is needed by
package srvadmin-itunnelprovider-6.5.0-1.151.1.el5.x86_64
(dell-omsa-specific)

and this is from base, updates, epel, extras, rpmforge
[root@510-top ~]# rpm -qa|grep openwsman
openwsman-client-2.2.0-5.el5
openwsman-server-2.2.0-5.el5
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Phil Schaffner
Kevin Thorpe wrote on 06/14/2011 08:20 AM:
...
> That's exactly what I was trying to do.
> Error: Missing Dependency: openwsman-server>= 2.2.3 is needed by
> package srvadmin-itunnelprovider-6.5.0-1.151.1.el5.x86_64
> (dell-omsa-specific)

It seems to be in the Dell repo:

http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/2011_Q1/platform_independent/rh50/repoview/openwsman-server.html

Phil
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Kevin Thorpe
Hmmm... I don't know how to do this........ but I know a man who can
so it'll wait.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Phil Schaffner
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kevin Thorpe wrote on 06/14/2011 08:20 AM:
> ...
>> That's exactly what I was trying to do.
>> Error: Missing Dependency: openwsman-server>= 2.2.3 is needed by
>> package srvadmin-itunnelprovider-6.5.0-1.151.1.el5.x86_64
>> (dell-omsa-specific)
>
> It seems to be in the Dell repo:
>
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/2011_Q1/platform_independent/rh50/repoview/openwsman-server.html
>
> Phil
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>



--
Kevin Thorpe
Head of IT
PI Benchmark
150 Buckingham Palace Road
London SW1W 9TR, UK

T: +44 (0) 845 643 0234
F: +44 (0) 207 730 2635
W: www.pibenchmark.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Eero Volotinen
2011/6/14 Kevin Thorpe <[hidden email]>:
> Hmmm... I don't know how to do this........ but I know a man who can
> so it'll wait.

just follow instructions at web page.

step 1 (on root terminal): wget -q -O -
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_6.5/bootstrap.cgi | bash
step 2 (on root terminal): yum install srvadmin-all


--
Eero
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Kevin Thorpe
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Eero Volotinen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2011/6/14 Kevin Thorpe <[hidden email]>:
>> Hmmm... I don't know how to do this........ but I know a man who can
>> so it'll wait.
>
> just follow instructions at web page.
>
> step 1 (on root terminal): wget -q -O -
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_6.5/bootstrap.cgi | bash
> step 2 (on root terminal): yum install srvadmin-all

That was where I was before I came to the list.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Roy Trubshaw
In reply to this post by Kevin Thorpe
Kevin wrote:

>        I'm just trying to get Dell openmanage to run on my Centos 5.6
> box. The monitoring
[ Snipped ]
>
> Can anyone point me at a suitable rpm, or do I have to resort to
> compiling it? Surely I'm not
> the only one trying to do this.
>
> --
> Kevin Thorpe

This is my fault. I enabled the 'priority' plugin as a short-term fix
because we have a lot of repositories and I wasn't entirely sure which
ones could be discarded. The dell-omsa repo seems to have lost its
priority=1
line and the plugin seems to assume priority=<bignumber> and thus the
dell repo was being excluded.

Added the priority=1 line and everything installed OK.

(Yes I will tell him as he sits opposite me but the list deserved to know
the answer too.)

--
Roy

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos