[CentOS] Grub Prompt

Allan E. Registos
Hi list,

Good day to you all,

Please correct me if this is the right list for posting this problem I am having with CentOS, but here is the details of the problem:

I have a VMware guest running under Centos 6.5/64-bit. I rarely rebooted this OS, and was using it as my backend for some of my applications, like the A.R.T.(BI tool) and a PostgreSQL server.

"But I was not unable to start the server because it now default to the grub prompt, here is what it look like:

GNU GRUB version 0.97 (638K lower / 3143616K upper memory)

[ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename.]

grub> _ "

I search google but the solutions provided does not solve this issue.

Thank you,
Allan

Re: [CentOS] Grub Prompt

Allan E. Registos
Hi list,

Please pardon and forgive my post, the issue was resolved. It is due to the VMWare's snapshot manager, it uses the snapshot disk instead of the real disk that was somehow removed.

Thank you,
-Allan