[CentOS] OT: Controlling Chrome via policy

[CentOS] OT: Controlling Chrome via policy

C. L. Martinez
Hi all,

 I have installed Google Chrome in two CentOS7 workstations. I would like to setup some extensions by default and install automatically. Reading Chrome/Chromium docs, it is possible to accomplish this using master_preferences or via policy. According to Chromium's docs, policy files needs to be installed under /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/ (for Chrome) or /etc/chromium/policies/managed/ (for Chromium). I have tried to create a JSON file (custom.json) with my options, but no go. What am I doing wrong?

 On the other side, according to Chromium's docs, master_preferences needs to be placed under dir where chrome binary is. Tried and no go.

 Any light on this?

Thanks.

--
Greetings,
C. L. Martinez

Re: [CentOS] OT: Controlling Chrome via policy (SOLVED)

C. L. Martinez
On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 03:53:28PM +0000, C. L. Martinez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I have installed Google Chrome in two CentOS7 workstations. I would like to setup some extensions by default and install automatically. Reading Chrome/Chromium docs, it is possible to accomplish this using master_preferences or via policy. According to Chromium's docs, policy files needs to be installed under /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/ (for Chrome) or /etc/chromium/policies/managed/ (for Chromium). I have tried to create a JSON file (custom.json) with my options, but no go. What am I doing wrong?
>
>  On the other side, according to Chromium's docs, master_preferences needs to be placed under dir where chrome binary is. Tried and no go.
>
>  Any light on this?
>
> Thanks.

For the record, problem is solved. Problem was how I have defined "HomepageLocation" option. It was wrong.

Thanks

--
Greetings,
C. L. Martinez