[CentOS] centos 7 and nvme

jsl6uy js16uy
Hello all, and hope all is well
Has anyone installed / on an nvme ssd for Cent 7? Would anyone know if that
is supported?
I have installed using Arch Linux, but at the time, mid last year, had to
patch grub to recognize nvme. Arch is obviously running a much more recent
kernel.
Not afraid todo some empirical leg work. Just asking if anyone had tried
already

thanks all for any/all help
regards

Re: [CentOS] centos 7 and nvme

Jonathan Billings
On Apr 19, 2017, at 4:25 PM, jsl6uy js16uy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all, and hope all is well
> Has anyone installed / on an nvme ssd for Cent 7? Would anyone know if that
> is supported?
> I have installed using Arch Linux, but at the time, mid last year, had to
> patch grub to recognize nvme. Arch is obviously running a much more recent
> kernel.
> Not afraid todo some empirical leg work. Just asking if anyone had tried
> already

I installed RHEL 7.3 (same kernel as CentOS7) and it worked fine except for the fact that ‘efibootmgr’ defaults to using /dev/sda, and the disk is called /dev/nvme0n1, so doing stuff like changing the default boot back to Windows (dual boot) didn’t work without some tweaking.

--
Jonathan Billings <[hidden email]>

Re: [CentOS] centos 7 and nvme

jsl6uy js16uy
Sweet!
Thanks much for the update sir! We are locked on a ver, ver == repo/pkg
time slice, within the Cent7u2 release run, but this could be a reason to
push the pointer forward in our infra
I can live with those headaches
Thanks again
Will report back if we do anything above normal tweaking