[CentOS] non-fluff: NIC configuration: mingnt?

[CentOS] non-fluff: NIC configuration: mingnt?

m.roth
We've got this really bizarre problem, trying to get a bridge/firewall
working. My manager and I are almost grasping at straws....

Anyway, I'm using lshw to look at an identical machine, and a Dell 1950
that works when configured as a bridge, and there's one thing I don't
know: does anyone know what mingnt is?

Thanks.

        mark

Re: [CentOS] non-fluff: NIC configuration: mingnt?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
[hidden email] wrote:
> We've got this really bizarre problem, trying to get a bridge/firewall
> working. My manager and I are almost grasping at straws....
>
> Anyway, I'm using lshw to look at an identical machine, and a Dell 1950
> that works when configured as a bridge, and there's one thing I don't
> know: does anyone know what mingnt is?

 >MIN_GNT and MAX_LAT
 >
 >These read-only byte registers are used to specify the device's
desired >settings for Latency Timer values. For both registers, the
value >specifies a period of time in units of 1/4 microsecond. Values of
0 >indicate that the device has no major requirements for the settings
of >Latency Timers.

 >MIN_GNT is used for specifying how long a burst period the device
needs >assuming a clock rate of 33MHz. MAX_LAT is used for specifying
how >often the device needs to gain access to the PCI bus.

From: http://www.reric.net/linux/pci_latency.html

Ljubomir