Enterprise Login in Gnome-Inital-Setup for F29 Workstation does not support Free-IPA

Enterprise Login in Gnome-Inital-Setup for F29 Workstation does not support Free-IPA

Alex Thomas
Testing using Fedora Desktops w/ FreeIPA server and found that
plugging in domain and username for my FreeIPA server resulted in
error of " Couldn't connect to the ipa.xxxxxxx.xxx domain: Cannot find
KDC for realm "IPA.XXXXXXX.XXX".

Since F29 no longer gives option to give password for root in
Anaconda.(Yet another follow the Ubuntu-ites, like getting rid of the
mail server instead of configuring it for local mail, and configuring
the first user to get get system mails in Evolution), I had to create
an account just to install freeipa-client.

So Fedora cannot connect to FreeIPA ( ie Redhat IdM) out of the box.
Seems to me that there is an issue here.

Alex

Re: Enterprise Login in Gnome-Inital-Setup for F29 Workstation does not support Free-IPA

Evan McClain
On Thu, 2019-01-10 at 19:22 -0600, Alex Thomas wrote:

> Since F29 no longer gives option to give password for root in
> Anaconda.(Yet another follow the Ubuntu-ites, like getting rid of the
> mail server instead of configuring it for local mail, and configuring
> the first user to get get system mails in Evolution), I had to create
> an account just to install freeipa-client.

I have been using the Netinstall images since they do still allow for
setting a root password and picking the groups to install (i.e. Domain
Membership).

Evan