Evolution Calendar Time Zones

Will W-2
Hello all,
Been a long time since I have been on this list.

I have a question on Evolution calendar.  Hopefully I explain this
right....

When I create an entry in the calendar (New York time zone) Everything
is fine, but when I edit it the time zone goes to UTC. The system is
set to use the NY time zone.

Weird!!  Tried to a search on google but nothing really comes up on
this.  Not sure if it a bug or it is a setting somewhere I missed.

Thanks,
Will W

Re: Evolution Calendar Time Zones

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 14:12 -0400, Will W wrote:

> Hello all,
> Been a long time since I have been on this list.
>
> I have a question on Evolution calendar.  Hopefully I explain this
> right....
>
> When I create an entry in the calendar (New York time zone) Everything
> is fine, but when I edit it the time zone goes to UTC. The system is
> set to use the NY time zone.
>
> Weird!!  Tried to a search on google but nothing really comes up on
> this.  Not sure if it a bug or it is a setting somewhere I missed.

You may want to ask on the Evolution list. This kind of question is
generally answered there quite quickly. See for example:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2018-February/msg00004.html

poc

On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 20:12 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 14:12 -0400, Will W wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Been a long time since I have been on this list.
> >
> > I have a question on Evolution calendar.  Hopefully I explain this
> > right....
> >
> > When I create an entry in the calendar (New York time zone)
> > Everything
> > is fine, but when I edit it the time zone goes to UTC. The system
> > is
> > set to use the NY time zone.
> >
> > Weird!!  Tried to a search on google but nothing really comes up on
> > this.  Not sure if it a bug or it is a setting somewhere I missed.
>
> You may want to ask on the Evolution list. This kind of question is
> generally answered there quite quickly. See for example:
>
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2018-February/msg00004
> .html
>
> poc

Thank you, I will do that. I did not know there was a list for
evolution.

Will

On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 16:54 -0400, Will W wrote:

> On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 20:12 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 14:12 -0400, Will W wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > > Been a long time since I have been on this list.
> > >
> > > I have a question on Evolution calendar.  Hopefully I explain this
> > > right....
> > >
> > > When I create an entry in the calendar (New York time zone)
> > > Everything
> > > is fine, but when I edit it the time zone goes to UTC. The system
> > > is
> > > set to use the NY time zone.
> > >
> > > Weird!!  Tried to a search on google but nothing really comes up on
> > > this.  Not sure if it a bug or it is a setting somewhere I missed.
> >
> > You may want to ask on the Evolution list. This kind of question is
> > generally answered there quite quickly. See for example:
> >
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2018-February/msg00004
> > .html
> >
> > poc
> >

> Thank you, I will do that. I did not know there was a list for
> evolution.

It's mentioned in the on-line help under the heading 'Tracking Down
Problems: How to Get Help', though probably not many people look there.
 Don't forget to mention your version of Evolution (Help->About).

poc