F22 and missing font Courier New 10

Greg Ennis
Everyone,

I created a new install of F22 64 and to my surprise the 'courier New
10' is missing from Libreoffice.  Does anyone have an rpm replacement.
 I have a bunch of documents that use this font and would like to
continue it.  There are some other fonts that are close, but none that
is an exact duplicate which means the formatting will need to be
different on the new or edited old documents.

Thanks much,

Greg Ennis

Re: F22 and missing font Courier New 10

Ed Greshko

On 10/30/2015 07:35 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> I created a new install of F22 64 and to my surprise the 'courier New
> 10' is missing from Libreoffice.  Does anyone have an rpm replacement.
>  I have a bunch of documents that use this font and would like to
> continue it.  There are some other fonts that are close, but none that
> is an exact duplicate which means the formatting will need to be
> different on the new or edited old documents.

On my F22 system under Libreoffice I see...

Courier New
Courier 10 Pitch

I know that I got the "Courier New" fonts by installing the
msttcorefonts package that needs to be built and installed manually.

And I think xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 gave me "Courier 10 Pitch".

I think you're saying you have a "Courier New 10" listed previously?  Do
you know what package gave that to you?

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others
should stay away from computers altogether.

Tim

Re: F22 and missing font Courier New 10

Tim
Allegedly, on or about 29 October 2015, Gregory P. Ennis sent:
> I created a new install of F22 64 and to my surprise the 'courier New
> 10' is missing from Libreoffice.  Does anyone have an rpm
> replacement.
>  I have a bunch of documents that use this font and would like to
> continue it.  There are some other fonts that are close, but none that
> is an exact duplicate which means the formatting will need to be
> different on the new or edited old documents.

I thought the Liberation font set was supposed to have a replacement for
Courier New?  (May not be identical looking, but allegedly having the
same metrics so that document layout didn't change.)

I'm curious if you've tried that one, to see if it actually lives up to
the claim.

And I think the system is supposed to pick it as an equivalent,
automatically, if something tries to use Courier when you don't have
Courier installed.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

I'd just like to say that vinyl record crackles and pops are far less
annoying than digigigigital mu-u-u-u-usic hiccicicicups and
yooo-----------------u tu-----be ....... pauses.

Re: F22 and missing font Courier New 10

Joseph Loo-2
On 10/29/2015 08:10 PM, Tim wrote:

> Allegedly, on or about 29 October 2015, Gregory P. Ennis sent:
>> I created a new install of F22 64 and to my surprise the 'courier New
>> 10' is missing from Libreoffice.  Does anyone have an rpm
>> replacement.
>>  I have a bunch of documents that use this font and would like to
>> continue it.  There are some other fonts that are close, but none that
>> is an exact duplicate which means the formatting will need to be
>> different on the new or edited old documents.
>
> I thought the Liberation font set was supposed to have a replacement for
> Courier New?  (May not be identical looking, but allegedly having the
> same metrics so that document layout didn't change.)
>
> I'm curious if you've tried that one, to see if it actually lives up to
> the claim.
>
> And I think the system is supposed to pick it as an equivalent,
> automatically, if something tries to use Courier when you don't have
> Courier installed.

Have you tried nimbus mono L or freemono?

--
Joseph Loo

Re: F22 and missing font Courier New 10

Greg Ennis

On 10/30/2015 07:35 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> I created a new install of F22 64 and to my surprise the 'courier New
> 10' is missing from Libreoffice.  Does anyone have an rpm
> replacement.
>  I have a bunch of documents that use this font and would like to
> continue it.  There are some other fonts that are close, but none
> that
> is an exact duplicate which means the formatting will need to be
> different on the new or edited old documents.

On my F22 system under Libreoffice I see...

Courier New
Courier 10 Pitch

I know that I got the "Courier New" fonts by installing the
msttcorefonts package that needs to be built and installed manually.

And I think xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 gave me "Courier 10 Pitch".

I think you're saying you have a "Courier New 10" listed previously?
 Do
you know what package gave that to you?

Ed,

Thank you very much, I did a dnf install on 'xorg-x11-fonts-Type1' and
it had Courier 10 Pitch which is exactly what I needed.

I really appreciate everyone's post!!!!!

Thanks again,

Greg