F26: xfce -> Mate??

Beartooth

        I've been running Fedora with MATE for years, and much prefer it.
But last week I froze a couple of PCs (by playing carelessly with a
couple of new multi-TB storage drives), and grabbed the first netinstall
medium I could lay hands on. It happened to be F26 with xfce. I'd like to
switch xfce to MATE ASAP, before I upgrade to F27 and then F28. How do I
do that?
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.

Re: F26: xfce -> Mate??

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Mon, 2018-04-16 at 15:52 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> I've been running Fedora with MATE for years, and much prefer it.
> But last week I froze a couple of PCs (by playing carelessly with a
> couple of new multi-TB storage drives), and grabbed the first netinstall
> medium I could lay hands on. It happened to be F26 with xfce. I'd like to
> switch xfce to MATE ASAP, before I upgrade to F27 and then F28. How do I
> do that?
> --
> Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
> Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.

$ dnf group list mate\*
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:29 ago on Mon 16 Apr 2018 17:03:41 BST.
Available Environment Groups:
   MATE Desktop
Available Groups:
   MATE Applications

So I'm guessing:

$ sudo dnf group install 'MATE Desktop'
$ sudo dnf group install 'MATE Applications'

poc