Imsg question

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
Misc,

If a process forks two children does the parent need separate imsg bufs for each? I'm thinking one will do and just use the header to decide who it's from. Is that correct or should they be separated?

Thanks,

Edgar

Re: Imsg question

Theo de Raadt-2
> If a process forks two children does the parent need separate imsg
> bufs for each? I'm thinking one will do and just use the header to
> decide who it's from. Is that correct or should they be separated?

The socket layer will conspire against you.

Re: Imsg question

Edgar Pettijohn III-2

On Mar 13, 2018 2:04 PM, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > If a process forks two children does the parent need separate imsg
> > bufs for each? I'm thinking one will do and just use the header to
> > decide who it's from. Is that correct or should they be separated?
>
> The socket layer will conspire against you.

What's new? So I take it that they should be separated. Which was my first guess before I began over thinking.