Looking forward to Bionic Beta 1

Valorie Zimmerman
Hi folks, for various reasons there was no Alpha 1 or 2 this cycle, but now we're on the march to Beta 1, which will be on March 8 [1].

Now is the time to get your VMs ready, or dust off that old 32 bit machine in preparation. Rik has got Plasma 5.12.2 uploaded to the Archive, so this is gonna be exciting! (New plasma is available for Artful users too: https://kubuntu.org/news/plasma-5-12-2-bugfix-updates-available/)

Remember: we cannot release this LTS for i386 if we don't get testers. And we need some of that testing to be on actual 32-bit machines. I can't stress this point enough.

If you have been downloading any of the dailies, you probably know this trick, but I didn't:

You don't have to seed the torrents as I describe there, but the zsync process saves a lot of downloading time in the testing process.

All the best,

Valorie