Mobile phone software

Phil
Thank you for reading this.

In 2007 I bought a new ZTE mobile phone which came with some Windows
software that allowed file editing, address book editing the sending of
SMSs and it allowed the phone to become a hot spot plus a few other tasks.

At the time (2007) I found a Linux command line tool but it wasn't a lot
of use because my phone wasn't supported; it was the latest model then.
I don't remember the name of the software and an Internet search hasn't
helped. Can anyone recommend some software that might be useful for my
phone?

Phil

Re: Mobile phone software

Colin Law-2
On 15 February 2018 at 06:25, Phil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for reading this.

In 2007 I bought a new ZTE mobile phone which came with some Windows software that allowed file editing, address book editing the sending of SMSs and it allowed the phone to become a hot spot plus a few other tasks.

At the time (2007) I found a Linux command line tool but it wasn't a lot of use because my phone wasn't supported; it was the latest model then. I don't remember the name of the software and an Internet search hasn't helped. Can anyone recommend some software that might be useful for my phone?

Can you be a bit more explicit about what you want to do on the phone. Also what OS does the phone run on?

Colin

Re: Mobile phone software

Phil
On 15/02/18 18:00, Colin Law wrote:
> On 15 February 2018 at 06:25, Phil <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> Can you be a bit more explicit about what you want to do on the phone.
> Also what OS does the phone run on?

Thank you for your reply.

Really not much more than I described earlier. The Windows software made
contact editing, for example, so much easier than pressing buttons on
the phone. I guess the phone's OS is something propriety to ZTE. This is
not a smart phone, just a basic 2007 phone and camera.

In the meantime, I've been given an old Blackberry 9000 which is much
easier to operate even without a manual. Perhaps now there is no point
in looking for Linux software?

Phil