Need suggestions for registrar providing dynamic dns

Need suggestions for registrar providing dynamic dns

Ernie Luzar
Have had no success in finding a hosting company or registrar that
provides dynamic DNS function as part of their normal services.

Does anyone know or use a service that offers it?

Thanks

Re: Need suggestions for registrar providing dynamic dns

rapphhael

When you sais ..function as part of their normal services.... Do you mean Free ?

For some time I use : http://freedns.afraid.org

All you have to do is pointing your domain name to their root servers and it provide dynamic dns updates using a lot of different technic.

> Le 19 oct. 2017 à 16:15, Ernie Luzar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Have had no success in finding a hosting company or registrar that provides dynamic DNS function as part of their normal services.
>
> Does anyone know or use a service that offers it?
>
> Thanks

Re: Need suggestions for registrar providing dynamic dns

Tim Gustafson-3
> Have had no success in finding a hosting company or registrar that provides
> dynamic DNS function as part of their normal services.
>
> Does anyone know or use a service that offers it?

I use Amazon's Route53 service.  They have an API that you can use to
dynamically update DNS via a script.  I run a cron job to update the
DNS periodically on my hosts.

--

Tim Gustafson
BSOE Computing Director

To request BSOE IT support, please visit https://support.soe.ucsc.edu/
or send e-mail to [hidden email] or call 831-502-7536.

Re: Need suggestions for registrar providing dynamic dns

Steve O'Hara-Smith
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:15:39 -0400
Ernie Luzar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have had no success in finding a hosting company or registrar that
> provides dynamic DNS function as part of their normal services.
>
> Does anyone know or use a service that offers it?

        The registrar joker.de includes DNS with dynamic DNS support, I've
been using them for years, otherwise no connection.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <[hidden email]>

Eduardo Morras via freebsd-questions wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:15:39 -0400
> Ernie Luzar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Have had no success in finding a hosting company or registrar that
>> provides dynamic DNS function as part of their normal services.
>>
>> Does anyone know or use a service that offers it?
>
> I used cdmon.com and they had this service. There are examples in user
> zone in sh/bash and a C program for FreeBSD 6 to update dynamic dns/ip.
> It's a simple rest service.
>

 > The registrar joker.de includes DNS with dynamic DNS support, I've
 > been using them for years, otherwise no connection.

Sometimes I forget the international nature of the questions list.
joker.de & cdmon.com are not in English but thanks for your posts.

Re: Need suggestions for registrar providing dynamic dns

Alejandro Imass
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 5:41 PM rapphhael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When you sais ..function as part of their normal services.... Do you mean
> Free ?
>
> For some time I use : http://freedns.afraid.org

+1 two hands down for FreeDNS

It’s an awesome DNS service and, of course, it’s built with FreeBSD.

If you use it, it may I suggest you pay to become a premium member. It’s
chap and offers some cool stuff like more invisible cloaks but also helps
to maintain such a wonderful service from the claws of greedy corporations.

Best,
Alex