Problems Pychess, freezes sometimes during playing

Problems Pychess, freezes sometimes during playing

Joerg Lechner
Hi,
Pychess freezes sometimes.  During freezing the time counter continues, but Pychess doesn't accept a move, it's also not possible to export the data.
System F27,
Name         : kernel
Version      : 4.15.6
Release      : 300.fc27
Arch         : x86_64

Name         : pychess
Version      : 0.12.4
Release      : 9.fc27
Arch         : noarch

The only way to get around is a reboot of the system.
How can I contribute in analyzing this problem?
Kind regards Joerg

Re: Problems Pychess, freezes sometimes during playing

Samuel Sieb
On 03/07/2018 05:24 AM, Joerg Lechner wrote:
> Pychess freezes sometimes.  During freezing the time counter continues,
> but Pychess doesn't accept a move, it's also not possible to export the
> data.
>
> The only way to get around is a reboot of the system.
> How can I contribute in analyzing this problem?

Why do you have to reboot the system?  Does the rest of the desktop not
work as well?

Re: Problems Pychess, freezes sometimes during playing

Joerg Lechner

I can not close Pychess anymore, and also the rest of the desktop does stopps working after one or two clicks. I don't know the reason, I use level 7 in Pychess, and the error seems to occur, in a situation, where Pychess is forced to "think" more before the next draw, it's not possible to export the data and also not possible to make a screen shot - blocked. I use Pychess white and user black. This situation will occur again in one of the next games. The last play -reason for this post- ended in emergency mode, possibly the reason is not only Pychess but some interworking with Kernel or interworking in the Kernel area.
Kind regards Joerg

-----Urspr√ľngliche Mitteilung-----
Von: Samuel Sieb <[hidden email]>
An: users <[hidden email]>