Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Thomas Tanghus Olsen
On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 19.37.11 CET Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> Now, since Mozilla has jumped on the thought police bandwagon to join
> Google, Twitter, Amazon and Facebook,

What have I missed here? What has Mozilla done?

--
/Thomas

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Kaj Haulrich-2
On 23.02.2021 18.36, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 19.37.11 CET Kaj Haulrich wrote:
>> Now, since Mozilla has jumped on the thought police bandwagon to join
>> Google, Twitter, Amazon and Facebook,
>
> What have I missed here? What has Mozilla done?

This:

https://tinyurl.com/yyad5tdt
https://tinyurl.com/y3gb62bo

Meanwhile, I found the Dissenter-browser. It's way faster than Firefox,
built-in adblocker and no Bitcoin mumbo-jumbo like Brave. Recommended.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
Sent from my 100% Microsoft-free workstation
--- Running Linux Kubuntu 20.04 LTS ---

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Bob-6

hopefully it is better than epihiny which I loaded and it blocked my
access to Zoom and other online communications devices.  had to do a hard
removal of the packages to regain control.

also has anyone else had an issue with Firefox recently, it has decided
that certain webcams it will not load, others fine. and appears to be
random amoung different users with different webcams blockde???

thanks
Bob

On Tuesday, 23 February 2021 19.45.13 CET Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> This:

Forget I asked. Don't want to get into that discussion. I'll continue using
Mozilla products though.

--
/Thomas

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

David Kuntadi
How about midori for web browser? www.midori-browser.org

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Glenn Holmer-3

https://www.lyonlabs.org/temp/midori.png

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

cenbe.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

David Kuntadi

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021, 11:59 PM Glenn Holmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Midori Browser: Lightweight open source browser originally developed for Linux but now with a Windows and portable version too. Midori comes with privacy extensions by default without you having to download anything you will be able to disable scripts and third parties cookiesAdblocker can be enabled with a couple of clicksThis is a simple browser that has not been developed by any corporation and will not share data with the cloud.

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Valorie Zimmerman
This discussion is off-topic. Please let us get back to helping one another with problems using Kubuntu. Remember that we are international in scope, and have nothing to do with US political issues or debates.

By the way, any browser that will run in linux can be installed in Kubuntu. It is perfectly fine to discuss various browsers and their pros and cons. Just leave out politics please.

Valorie

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:37 AM Thomas Tanghus <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 19.37.11 CET Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> Now, since Mozilla has jumped on the thought police bandwagon to join
> Google, Twitter, Amazon and Facebook,

What have I missed here? What has Mozilla done?

--
/Thomas

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Bob-6

not as off topic as you think.
am running Kubuntu 18.4 LTS and when I updated it (or firefox did)
suddenly a webcam I routinely visited would suddenly "unable to connect"

Kubuntu Firefox connects normally with other Webcams
when I tried other webbrowsers with Kubuntu such as ephiphany it would
link to the webcam but broke something else in Kubuntu/firefox and I
couldn't link using Zoom to a webinar.

so not sure where the problem is Kubuntu or Firefox and wondering if
others have run into this problem and or found solution possibly with
another Kubuntu friendly webbrowser.

Bob

On 2/25/21 12:41 AM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> It is perfectly fine to discuss various browsers and their pros
> and cons. Just leave out politics please.

security != politics

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

cenbe.vcf (8 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Jānis Ķengurs
https://dissenter.com/ Dissenter browser
https://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/   sylpheed email from packages apt

BB
Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/apps-that-promote-hate-speech-and-violence-dissenter-browser/19537

Re: Replacements for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Jānis Ķengurs
OMG. Snap pack team review is mind blowing cancel culture, one app decision beeing pasted onto another. This review is political. But .deb package works from website. So heres an option for new distro.
Heres what to put in face of them- more than 100 leading world intellectuals - Atwood, Chomsky, Applebaum and many others, here are the signatures.
https://harpers.org/a-letter-on-justice-and-open-debate/

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 6:05 PM David Kuntadi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 26, 2021, 5:24 PM Jānis Ķengurs <[hidden email]> wrote:
https://dissenter.com/ Dissenter browser
https://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/   sylpheed email from packages apt

https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/apps-that-promote-hate-speech-and-violence-dissenter-browser/19537

Re: update problem.

Bob-6

I am trying to update my Kubuntu 18.4LTS and I get an error message that
is on and off the screen so fast I can't read it.
   says something about E:dpkg  but can't catch what I am supposed to do to

I downloaded apachi2 for a friend and this is when it started.  I had
planned on deleting apache2 since I have no use for it and it is kinda big
but have no idea what may have happened. if it would stay on the screen
long enough to read it would probably be something simple but not knowing
what issue is frustrating

any ideas??   I don't think I have ever messed with dpkg and why the E:
makes no sense.
   what I have runs normally and I have tried rebooting but no effect.

??????
thanks
Bob