Tiny font in Synaptic

Volker Wysk
Hi!

I'm running a Kubuntu 16.04.3 LTS system. Reading the mailing list kubuntu-users (and ubuntu-users), made me want to try Synaptic. But the font is so small, you can hardly read it.

Is there a straightforward way to make the font bigger?

Bye
Volker

Re: Tiny font in Synaptic

Chris Luck-2
On 06/02/18 13:37, Volker Wysk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm running a Kubuntu 16.04.3 LTS system. Reading the mailing list
> kubuntu-users (and ubuntu-users), made me want to try Synaptic. But
> the font is so small, you can hardly read it.
>
> Is there a straightforward way to make the font bigger?

Synaptic (a Gnome program) runs as root, to adjust its display you need
to run System Settings as root.

In Konsole run: kdesudo systemsettings5

The Font only responds to the the settings in:

Application Style -> GNOME Application Style (GTK)

Chris Luck

Re: Tiny font in Synaptic

James Cain
> I'm running a Kubuntu 16.04.3 LTS system. Reading the mailing list kubuntu-users (and ubuntu-users), made me want to try Synaptic. But the font is so small, you can hardly read it.

> Is there a straightforward way to make the font bigger?

You can always install and use Muon, as it is a native KDE application and offers all of the functionality of Synaptic. As a general rule, native apps will look better in Plasma, although that situation is improving steadily.

​That said, the above suggestion should work as well if you must use Synaptic. ​

Re: Tiny font in Synaptic

Volker Wysk
Am Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2018, 13:51:16 CET schrieb Chris Luck:

> On 06/02/18 13:37, Volker Wysk wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm running a Kubuntu 16.04.3 LTS system. Reading the mailing list
> > kubuntu-users (and ubuntu-users), made me want to try Synaptic. But
> > the font is so small, you can hardly read it.
> >
> > Is there a straightforward way to make the font bigger?
>

> Synaptic (a Gnome program) runs as root, to adjust its display you need
> to run System Settings as root.
>
> In Konsole run: kdesudo systemsettings5
>
> The Font only responds to the the settings in:
>
> Application Style -> GNOME Application Style (GTK)

Okay, that works.

But there also is the same tiny font in the SystemSettings, which is a KDE program, of course. The KDE font settings in Appearance -> Font -> Fonts have no effect on it.

bye
Volker

Re: Tiny font in Synaptic

Volker Wysk
Am Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2018, 09:30:19 CET schrieb James Cain:
> > I'm running a Kubuntu 16.04.3 LTS system. Reading the mailing list
> kubuntu-users (and ubuntu-users), made me want to try Synaptic. But the
> font is so small, you can hardly read it.
>
> > Is there a straightforward way to make the font bigger?
>
> You can always install and use Muon, as it is a native KDE application and
> offers all of the functionality of Synaptic. As a general rule, native apps
> will look better in Plasma, although that situation is improving steadily.

Then I'll go with Muon first. Up to now, i've only used the command line tools.

Bye
Volker