Total Failure on Kubuntu 21.04 install

Bmarsh

I usually try to upgrade my systems when a beta is announced, and other than some glitches of past installs, it usually goes well.

And I always do a fresh install, never an upgrade.  (shudder)

Anyway, I went to install 21.04 and it totally failed.

Installed from a USB and at the end it said it had a failure installing grub.  I have an HDD and an m2 disk.  Tried both, and got a failure note.

However the system did boot and I figured out later that it was the efi portion of grub-install that failed...  yet there was NO indication of that, so others
might have totally scapped the install at that point.

So I continued with the install since I don't use the efi anyway and that problem is most like a problem with my efi setup.

But installing other packages, I continually got a message to "please mount CDROM <lots of info> into /media/cdrom    and the pkg install would stop.  Could
not get past that point.

So I built a cdrom install disk figuring that might work.  Nope, got the same message after the install trying to install pkgs such as postfix or libdvd-pkg

So this is the first time I have totally struck out on a beta install.

Re: Total Failure on Kubuntu 21.04 install

Bmarsh
Think I've found the problem.  In the sources.list is an entry for a CDROM which is NOT commented out.   Looked at the list for 20.10 and that statement IS commented out.

Will try again after commenting that statement.

On 4/10/21 11:26 AM, Charlie Luna wrote:
[...]

Yup, commenting out the cdrom statement in sources.list cured the problem....

On 4/10/21 3:22 AM, Mark Fraser wrote:
[...]

" Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."