Unable to open files in LibreOffice

Richard S. Crawford
Ever since yesterday's Plasma updates, I am unable to open any documents in LibreOffice; it seems to run fine until I try to open a document in any LO program (Writer, Calc, etc.). Running it from the command line, I get the following errors:

$ libreoffice
Couldn't open /usr/share/kde4/config/kdebug.areas
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
 Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
 Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
 Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
 Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
Application Error

Since I'm a writer, this is very distressing to me. Can anyone help?

Richard

Re: Unable to open files in LibreOffice

Luca Olivetti
El 22/02/18 a les 17:01, Richard S. Crawford ha escrit:

> Ever since yesterday's Plasma updates, I am unable to open any documents
> in LibreOffice; it seems to run fine until I try to open a document in
> any LO program (Writer, Calc, etc.). Running it from the command line, I
> get the following errors:
>
> $ libreoffice
> Couldn't open /usr/share/kde4/config/kdebug.areas
> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
>   Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
>   Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
> Application Error
>
> Since I'm a writer, this is very distressing to me. Can anyone help?

I'm not a writer but I see the same problem.

Bye
--
Luca

Re: Unable to open files in LibreOffice

Luca Olivetti
El 23/02/18 a les 10:04, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

> El 22/02/18 a les 17:01, Richard S. Crawford ha escrit:
>> Ever since yesterday's Plasma updates, I am unable to open any
>> documents in LibreOffice; it seems to run fine until I try to open a
>> document in any LO program (Writer, Calc, etc.). Running it from the
>> command line, I get the following errors:
>>
>> $ libreoffice
>> Couldn't open /usr/share/kde4/config/kdebug.areas
>> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>>   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
>>   Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
>> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>>   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
>>   Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
>> Application Error
>>
>> Since I'm a writer, this is very distressing to me. Can anyone help?
>
> I'm not a writer but I see the same problem.

Workaround:

sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice-kde

ugly as hell but at least it works.

Bye
--
Luca

Re: Unable to open files in LibreOffice

TuxMario DeTreb
Hello

I'm running Artful (17.10) and reached the same problem.
Thanks for the workaround which works
I'm looking forward for the official correction

Regards TuxMario

Le 23/02/2018 à 10:23, Luca Olivetti a écrit :

> El 23/02/18 a les 10:04, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>> El 22/02/18 a les 17:01, Richard S. Crawford ha escrit:
>>> Ever since yesterday's Plasma updates, I am unable to open any
>>> documents in LibreOffice; it seems to run fine until I try to open a
>>> document in any LO program (Writer, Calc, etc.). Running it from the
>>> command line, I get the following errors:
>>>
>>> $ libreoffice
>>> Couldn't open /usr/share/kde4/config/kdebug.areas
>>> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>>>   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
>>>   Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
>>> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>>>   Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
>>>   Resource id:  0x6e00c0c
>>> Application Error
>>>
>>> Since I'm a writer, this is very distressing to me. Can anyone help?
>>
>> I'm not a writer but I see the same problem.
>

> Workaround:
>
> sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice-kde
>
> ugly as hell but at least it works.
>
> Bye

Re: Unable to open files in LibreOffice

TuxMario DeTreb
Hello
I have some new issues with the last released version of LO by Kubuntu
(17.10)
The look and fields of windows are very different from preceding releases.
Now it's not possible to include an animated GIF.
I'm running two Kubuntu systems on my PC with a common /home
Here attached some screenshots from LO running OK and NOK (same versions
but differents iterations same hardware and same /home )

Regards : TuxMario

Le 24/02/2018 à 08:47, TuxMario DETREB a écrit :

> Hello
>
> I'm running Artful (17.10) and reached the same problem.
> Thanks for the workaround which works
> I'm looking forward for the official correction
>
> Regards TuxMario
>
> Le 23/02/2018 à 10:23, Luca Olivetti a écrit :
>> El 23/02/18 a les 10:04, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>>> El 22/02/18 a les 17:01, Richard S. Crawford ha escrit:

>>> I'm not a writer but I see the same problem.
>>

>> Workaround:
>>
>> sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice-kde
>>
>> ugly as hell but at least it works.
>>
>> Bye

LO_Running_NOK.png (107K) Download Attachment
LO_Running_NOK_002.png (37K) Download Attachment
LO_Running_OK.png (155K) Download Attachment
LO_Running_OK_002.png (71K) Download Attachment

Re: Unable to open files in LibreOffice

Luca Olivetti
El 24/02/18 a les 08:47, TuxMario DETREB ha escrit:
> Hello
>
> I'm running Artful (17.10) and reached the same problem.
> Thanks for the workaround which works
> I'm looking forward for the official correction

I just updated to 5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.4 and it seems it fixes the
problem, so I reinstalled libreoffice-kde.

Bye
--
Luca

Re: Unable to open files in LibreOffice

TuxMario DeTreb
Hello
I updated my laptop from LO 5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.1  to 5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.4  and all my issues are fixed too
Regards