default authentication-failed page

Kent Watsen
This is incredibly basic, but after reading httpd.conf(5) and random web searches, I’ve been unable to determine how to customize the default failed login page (from the "authenticate” directive in httpd.conf) to be something other than:

        401 Unauthorized

        OpenBSD httpd

I guessing this means that it cannot be customized, but would be thrilled if someone knew a way.

K.

Re: default authentication-failed page

Matthias-2
Have you tried this?

https://github.com/mpfr/httpd-plus#custom-error-documents

On 2021-06-19 07:26, Kent Watsen wrote:

> This is incredibly basic, but after reading httpd.conf(5) and random web searches, I’ve been unable to determine how to customize the default failed login page (from the "authenticate” directive in httpd.conf) to be something other than:
>

> 401 Unauthorized
>
> OpenBSD httpd
>

> I guessing this means that it cannot be customized, but would be thrilled if someone knew a way.
>
> K.

Re: default authentication-failed page

Kent Watsen

Hi Matthias,

Perfect, but I’m hesitant to use without long-term viability.  Any plan for merging into base?

PS: nice project…and your other repos too!

K.

On 2021-06-19 16:24, Kent Watsen wrote:

> Perfect, but I’m hesitant to use without long-term viability.

Since I have no plans to give up OpenBSD, you shouldn't worry
too much about this.

I don't have that in my hand.

Re: default authentication-failed page

Kent Watsen
[My previous message was clobbered by the mailer because, I think, it contained some non-ASCII characters]

>> Perfect, but I’m hesitant to use without long-term viability.
>
> Since I have no plans to give up OpenBSD, you shouldn't worry
> too much about this.

Fair, and one could fork your repo if need be...

I've installed https-plus now and the issue resolved perfectly.  Thank you.

>> Any plan for merging into base?
>
> I don't have that in my hand.

Fingers crossed.

K.