firefox quantum saved logins export import??

firefox quantum saved logins export import??

Dave Stevens
I'm changing laptops and need to export saved logins (several hundred)
from the old one to the new one, both firefox 58. I can't find an
add-on to do this and it seems (although this is not really clear) that
there isn't one. Anyone have experience (especially successful) with
this?

Dave

Re: firefox quantum saved logins export import??

Colin Law-2
On 3 February 2018 at 19:40, Dave Stevens <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm changing laptops and need to export saved logins (several hundred)
from the old one to the new one, both firefox 58. I can't find an
add-on to do this and it seems (although this is not really clear) that
there isn't one. Anyone have experience (especially successful) with
this?

Googling for
firefox import settings from another computer
found many hits. This one will probably do the job for you, telling you which files in the firefox profile to copy from the old to the new

Colin

Re: firefox quantum saved logins export import??

tech-lists
On 03/02/2018 21:44, Colin Law wrote:

> On 3 February 2018 at 19:40, Dave Stevens <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I'm changing laptops and need to export saved logins (several hundred)
>     from the old one to the new one, both firefox 58. I can't find an
>     add-on to do this and it seems (although this is not really clear) that
>     there isn't one. Anyone have experience (especially successful) with
>     this?
>

> Googling for
> firefox import settings from another computer
> found many hits. This one will probably do the job for you, telling you
> which files in the firefox profile to copy from the old to the new
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile
>
> Colin

Another way to do it would be to configure ff sync on the old firefox to
sync logins and bookmarks, then set up your new firefox on the other
computer to sync to the same config/login.

--
J.

[solved] Re: firefox quantum saved logins export import??

Dave Stevens
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 21:44:51 +0000
Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3 February 2018 at 19:40, Dave Stevens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'm changing laptops and need to export saved logins (several
> > hundred) from the old one to the new one, both firefox 58. I can't
> > find an add-on to do this and it seems (although this is not really
> > clear) that there isn't one. Anyone have experience (especially
> > successful) with this?
> >

> Googling for
> firefox import settings from another computer
> found many hits. This one will probably do the job for you, telling
> you which files in the firefox profile to copy from the old to the new
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile
>
> Colin

I admit I always feel like an idiot when someone else searches
successfully for something I've failed to find. Anyway, it worked
beautifully so thanks very much!