glibc scriptlet error?

Tom Horsley
Seems like I've been getting this for a long time now on
every glibc update:

  Running scriptlet: glibc-2.27-30.fc28.x86_64 412/417
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8JLoGA: line 5: /sbin/sln: No such file or directory

Anyone know what an sln is and why glibc expects to find it?

Re: glibc scriptlet error?

Tom Horsley
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 10:00:10 -0400
Tom Horsley wrote:

> Anyone know what an sln is and why glibc expects to find it?

Interesting. I have an man page for sln, but no sln.

Over in my fedora 27 partition I have a /usr/sinb/sln
and it is owned by glibc.

Did they get rid of sln but leave the man page as
well as references to sln in scripts?

[root@zooty ~]# dnf provides /usr/sbin/sln
Last metadata expiration check: 0:22:27 ago on Sun 16 Sep 2018 09:49:22 AM EDT.
Error: No Matches found

Re: glibc scriptlet error?

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Sun, 2018-09-16 at 10:14 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 10:00:10 -0400
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>
> > Anyone know what an sln is and why glibc expects to find it?
>
> Interesting. I have an man page for sln, but no sln.
>
> Over in my fedora 27 partition I have a /usr/sinb/sln
> and it is owned by glibc.
>
> Did they get rid of sln but leave the man page as
> well as references to sln in scripts?

I too have the man page, and /usr/sbin/sln is on my F28 system, but is
"not owned by any package", so I assume it must be detritus from a
previous Fedora.

poc

Re: glibc scriptlet error?

Garry Williams
On Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:00:10 AM EDT Tom Horsley wrote:
> Seems like I've been getting this for a long time now on
> every glibc update:
>
>   Running scriptlet: glibc-2.27-30.fc28.x86_64 412/417
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8JLoGA: line 5: /sbin/sln: No such file or
> directory

> Anyone know what an sln is and why glibc expects to find it?

sln is a statically linked ln command.  It is provided by
glibc-arm-linux-gnu.  It is *not* provided as /usr/sbin/sln, though.
It ends up in another hierarchy that is obviously a chroot structure
when compiling for arm architecture.

Why it's being executed during a glibc update is a mystery, though.

--
Garry T. Williams