how to change home on the / partition to a /home partition

Bob

how to change home on the / partition to a /home partition

Bob
I messed up my / partition so I installed UBUNTU again.  Being fairly new to
linux I had assumed it would use the existing /home partition when the install
was completed.  That did not happen and now I want to change it.  So what do I
need to do to change the use of /home on the / to use /home in another
patition?

--
Robert Blair

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.  -- Mark Twain (1866)

Re: how to change home on the / partition to a /home partition

Robert Heller
You need to edit /etc/fstab and add the mount info.

man fstab

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933

Bob

Re: how to change home on the / partition to a /home partition

Bob
** Reply to message from Robert Heller <[hidden email]> on Sat,  3 Mar
2018 18:20:26 -0500 (EST)

> You need to edit /etc/fstab and add the mount info.
>
> man fstab

Thanks I got it changed

One strange thing is that using blkid my laptop works differently than my
desktop.  My laptop reguires I us sudo but the desktop does not.

--
Robert Blair

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!  -- Pericles (430 B..C.)