installing Graphite on OpenBSD 6.0

Alceu R. de Freitas Jr.
Hello there,
I was struggling yesterday to try to setup Collectd with Graphite on a OpenBSD 6.0 running over Virtualbox but couldn't complete the Graphite part of it.
It seems Graphite is not entirely available to OpenBSD (package or ports): I was able to find and use ports for Carbon, but that's half the way (it is missing the Graphite-web).
I couldn't find documentation about this process for OpenBSD specific (although I hit some for FreeBSD and NetBSD).
As an alternative, I check Facett as a frontend, but couldn't find a package or ports for it (although there is indeed a distfile for it, so I'm not sure why there isn't anything on ports tarball).

All consider, is anybody aware if it is possible to finish the setup, maybe using virtualenv to install Graphite-web?
I'm open to other suggestions as well... for this specific project, I'm trying setup everything in the same box because well... it is suppose to be a single box indeed: https://github.com/glasswalk3r/cpan-openbsd-smoker. I even tried to use the Perl CGI available with Collectd, but they are essentially broken (generate charts from RRDTool with "garbage" instead of readable characters, lot's of warnings about CGI on Perl being deprecated).
Thanks!
Alceu

Re: installing Graphite on OpenBSD 6.0

Pavel Korovin
On 04/12, Alceu R. de Freitas Jr. wrote:
> Hello there,
> I was struggling yesterday to try to setup Collectd with Graphite on a OpenBSD 6.0 running over Virtualbox but couldn't complete the Graphite part of it.
> It seems Graphite is not entirely available to OpenBSD (package or ports): I was able to find and use ports for Carbon, but that's half the way (it is missing the Graphite-web).
> I couldn't find documentation about this process for OpenBSD specific (although I hit some for FreeBSD and NetBSD).
> As an alternative, I check Facett as a frontend, but couldn't find a package or ports for it (although there is indeed a distfile for it, so I'm not sure why there isn't anything on ports tarball).
>
> All consider, is anybody aware if it is possible to finish the setup, maybe using virtualenv to install Graphite-web?
> I'm open to other suggestions as well... for this specific project, I'm trying setup everything in the same box because well... it is suppose to be a single box indeed: https://github.com/glasswalk3r/cpan-openbsd-smoker. I even tried to use the Perl CGI available with Collectd, but they are essentially broken (generate charts from RRDTool with "garbage" instead of readable characters, lot's of warnings about CGI on Perl being deprecated).
> Thanks!

Hi Alceu,

I have collectd-carbon-graphite-grafana running for years, with some minor
tweaks it's absolutely possible.
I prefer to use OpenBSD ports system, so I have it in $PORTSDIR/mystuff.
If you know how to build from ports, I can share, please let me know
off-the-list.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Korovin