make an firewall with IDS

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY-2
Hi,

Does someone already build an IDS on OpenBSD, and would help me ?
I want to use snort on an OpenBSD 4.9 with a small web interface to see
Snort alerts.
What do you advice me ?

Do i need to install a precompiled snort, with mysql support?? or use
ports ?
What is the best way to do it ?

Thank you very much for your replies !

Wesley.

Re: make an firewall with IDS

Simeon Rusev
Sure,
take a look at
http://www.sec-net.net/en/2011/07/openbsd/snort-2-9-0-5-on-openbsd-current.html

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 00:37:41 +0400 Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
<[hidden email]> wrote

> Hi,
>
> Does someone already build an IDS on OpenBSD, and would help me ?
> I want to use snort on an OpenBSD 4.9 with a small web interface to see
> Snort alerts.
> What do you advice me ?
>
> Do i need to install a precompiled snort, with mysql support?? or use
> ports ?
> What is the best way to do it ?
>
> Thank you very much for your replies !
>
> Wesley.

Re: make an firewall with IDS

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY-2
First, thank you very much for your link.
I will try it this night.